17 November 2008

I win

50,635 words.

I win.

The 50,000th word of my novel for National Novel Writing Month is “rote.”

Here is the incomplete sentence where I hit the 50,000-word mark:
Ten years of living aboard the ship and finding ways to escape the cold shells of people she once knew made it almost a rote...
Pause. I was in Literati café with two other NaNoWriMo writers, DizzyMissLiz and Larking. I announced that I had hit the 50,000 word target, the magic work was “rote,” there were high-fives, and then I announced out loud to everyone in the café that I had written 50,000 words of a novel in seventeen days.

Breathe out, and:
…action to clamber around the decks unseen.
On to the rest of the novel, which still has at least another 20,000 words in it before it comes to the words THE END.

Onward! Ride Shadowfax, ride! Let slip the dogs of war! OOOOOOOODIIIIIIN!