06 April 2009

You are standing at the end of a road . . .

I’m really trying to cover all the bases over at Black Gate, moving from book reviews to movie reviews to technology reviews to personal mutterings. This week I’ve jumped over to the world of classic computing. This is not a frequent subject you see on a fantasy literature websites, but I think the world of interactive fiction, “adventure games,” has a great importance in the way I developed my own love of fantasy. I’ve dabbled in adventure game programming as well, and with the appearance of the language Inform 7, a “natural English” programming language, it’s even simpler to get involved with this unusual form of storytelling.

So go enjoy a rambling disucssion about old adventure games and the new generation of adventure game designers.


If you want to hear a bit more of my thoughts on IF, read my Transylvania review.