08 May 2011

Off to The Writers of the Future workshop

Hello . . . I must be going. . . .

Tomorrow is the start of the Writers (and Illustrators) of the Future workshop week, which will culminate in the awards ceremony at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel on Sunday the 15th, with a book-signing the day after. I’ll have more details on the signing later, so if any of you readers live in Los Angeles, please stop by. I’m leaving tomorrow morning to make the epic six-mile drive to the hotel to join the other winners from across the globe.

The awards ceremony will stream live, at 6:30 p.m. (Pacific Time) on the 15th. Go to this site to find the link to the streaming. Not only will you get to see me in a tux, but the event will also publicly reveal the illustration for my story “An Acolyte of Black Spires."

I probably won’t be posting a running series of blog entries about the workshop; some of the winners plan to, but the week will be so crammed with events and activities, and trying to squeeze in running commentary will probably not happen for me.

So, after more than a year of anticipation (I found out I was finalist in the contest in March of 2010), the Big Event is finally here: the biggest moment in my writing career so far. I am trying to stay calm. I am not succeeding.

I’ll get back to you soon. Stay tuned.